LaGrange County 4-H Fair Farm Stock Tractor Pull Rules
- All tractors must have a pulling hole of at least 3 ½ inches lengthwise with at least 6-inch clearance above the hole. Twisted clevis must straddle hitch. No vertical hitches allowed.
- No weights/parts may be over 18 inches behind the rear tires or interfere with the hitch and more that 26 inches ahead of the front of the tractor.
- Nitrous oxide, propane, or bottled gas will not be permitted on tractors.
- All tractors must have fenders, seat, battery, and stock front end.
- Tractors must be weighed before pull and after as requested by judges.
- All weights and parts must be safely secured; tractor will be disqualified if anything falls off of the tractor during the pull or while hooked to the sled.
- After the first pull, the first puller may choose first or third position.
- Pulling position is determined by draw.
- While hooking, the tractor must be in neutral, the driver’s hands must be up, and foot off the clutch.
- Two pullers allowed per tractor. One prize given per tractor per class.
- No digging. Stop for flagman or be disqualified.
- The judges will allow a second attempt if the driver clearly attempts to slow vehicle before the 75 ft. mark.
- Driver must remain seated and in full control of tractor at all times. No riders allowed at anytime of the fairgrounds.
- The contestant must be at least 16 years of age, with parent or guardians’ signature for their consent, if a minor.
- Contestants will not hold the committee or individuals connected to the pull responsible for damage, injury or theft.
- Participants shall not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time.
- Percentage payout for top placings.
- Drawbar must be 20 inches off ground when checked and at least 18 inches from axle.
The contest is governed by judges made up of the tractor pull directors of the LaGrange County 4-H Fair, with all decisions final. Judges have the right to accept, reject, or disqualify tractor before, after weighing, or during the contest if it is being operated unsafely or if rules are not being followed.